Admission And Election Sub Committee
This committee establishes and implements the criteria for admission or enrollment of the students to the college for all the courses according to the University and College regulations. The Committee will lays down the detailed procedure to be followed for admission and ensures the same has been implemented / followed. The Committee will identify and approves for admission suitable qualified candidates and displays the merit list as per schedule predetermined by the University and college. Analyze the changes required in the admission policies of the previous years so as to improvise the system and the process.
Election Sub Committee is established as per rule of Govt. of West Bengal and statue of University of Calcutta for conduction of free and fair election of Student Union of the College.
The Admission Committee will work to carry out the admissions process in a manner that is equitable, efficient, and timely. It aims to be cognizant of enhancing the pool of qualified students of diverse backgrounds, as well as guidelines for the reasonable accommodation of potential students who are affected with Disabilities. The notifications/circulars regarding reservation policy declared by the affiliating University or Government is adhered to while enrolling students for the courses. Sanctioned intake capacity is also duly considered. The committee also aims to identify and select the most qualified applicants in the total applicant pool and continually monitor college admissions policy and procedures to ensure efficiency, effectiveness and equity. The committee works towards making the admission process simple, student friendly, time bound and free from any errors and flaws.
PROCEDURE OF THE ADMISSION COMMITTEE 1) To receive applications / forms from the potential students. An online application system is in place. 2) Entire admission schedule with information about due dates for procuring & submission of admission application forms, verification of forms with supporting documents, schedule of displaying the merit lists for all courses with the due dates for payment of fees is notified on the college website. 3) To scrutinize the applications / forms received on the basis of criteria / category fixed. 4) To prepare and display the list of students eligible for admission on basis of criteria / category along with the formalities to be completed for admission. 5) To accept the fees from the students who have been offered admission along with necessary documents and issue the fee receipt.
ADMISSION FOR THE SESSION 2022-2023.
- The entire Admission process will be carried out in online mode.
- No online application fee as per Notice No. 507-Edn(CS)/lOM-95/14, dated 30/June/2022, of the Department of Higher Education, Government of West Bengal.
- Any wrong information provided in the Application Form or during any time of the Admission process will lead to cancellation of Admission.
PROCEDURE OF THE ELECTION COMMITTEE
- The Committee shall be responsible for the proper conduct of the election and to resolve disputes, if any, in consultation with the Election Authority constituted by the State Government for the University.
- The President of the Election Committee shall appoint Presiding Officers/ Polling Officers for conducting the polls, from amongst the teaching staffs of the college.
- The Election Committee shall publish the draft electoral roll at least twenty days before the date of Election.
- The Election Committee shall publish a notification fixing the time and place and other particulars for- (a) issuance of nomination papers; (b) submission of nomination papers; (c) scrutiny of nomination papers; (d) publication of the list of valid nomination papers in alphabetical order of the first names in English spelling; (e) withdrawal of nomination papers; (f) publication of the list of the contesting candidates; (g) date and hours of election and counting.
- Declaration of results shall be made immediately after the counting is over.
- The Election Committee shall appoint Counting Officers from among the members of the whole time teaching staffs of the college who shall be responsible for counting of votes in the presence of the Presiding officer and the contesting candidates.
- In case two or more contesting candidates secure equal member of votes, the Election Committee, shall by a draw of lots decide as to which of the contesting candidates would be declared elected.
- In case of any dispute relating to the conduct of poll, counting of votes or any other related matters; the decision given by the Election Authority of the affiliating University shall be final and binding.
- There shall be one class representative for each class or section, irrespective of the number of students in the class/ section.
- A detailed calendar of dates for different events/ phases of the election shall be published by the Election Committee.
- In the elections envisaged under these rules, the forms of nomination (Form-I) and withdrawal of candidature (Form-2) appended to the Schedule shall be used. All other necessary forms relating to the holding of elections may be prescribed by the Election Committee.
Jt. Convenors: Dr. Nilangsu Das & Dr. Nitai Gayen
Members: Kousik Ghosh Adity Sarbajna Amit Saha Sonali Roy Firdous Ahmed Apurba Biswas Tanmoy Mukhopadhyay Niloy Kundu Khokan Naskar