Journalism & Mass Communication
- About Department
- Departmental Composition
- Program & Courses
- Departmental Activities
- Student Support & Student Activities
- Student Connect
Department of Journalism & Mass Communication is new born department of the college. It started its journey in the year 2003. We have both Honours and General course in Under Graduate.
The Department of Journalism and Mass Communication started its journey in the year “2003”. The department offers Journalism & mass communication both as an Honors and General subject in under graduate. It is an important and quite popular Department with substantial number of students. The department has a spacious laboratory with 12 computers and other media equipment. There are four faculty members (One pursuing Ph.D , One master degree in three subjects and Two with masters degree. All faculties are sincere enough to mentor the students. The resource persons (from different Media & Public Relation industries) are invited regularly in our department. There is a seminar library in our department which are given to the students as reference. Students are also engaged in different extra curricular activities like photography, videography, content writing, vlog, audio editing, field reporting and other cultural programmes of the institution.
We are proud of our alumni, who are engaged in different prestigious platform. The Department has so far produced a large number of graduates, most of them work in different newspapers, magazines, radio, television, and other media-related organizations.
Why choose us?
If you are one of those people who always want to find out more, or generally want to know what is the reason behind everything, then this course should be on the top of your list. The subject has a perfect balance of theory and practical. The students are trained in a way that helps them gather skill sets to be industry ready. The Department has a dedicated computer lab and classrooms for the students. The systems are equipped with the latest software for editing purpose. The students also have access to Cameras, Boom Microphone from the department. The Department has dedicated subject related books in the College library and updates its resources every year. Along with these all the department organizes seminars/Webinars, lectures from eminent personalities, activities and in the process, develops a curriculum that help the students prepare for the life ahead.
- The department has an effective mentoring system with individual care.
- The department encourages students to publish wall magazines, E- magazines, Photography competition, Interview etc.
- The students were send for internship in different media at regular interest.
- The student are encouraged in practicing anchoring regularly.
- The department also provides latest teaching gadgets and ICT tool to promote effective teaching-learning experience of the students.
- The department organized field visits, arranges media visits, conducted parent teachers meeting for the benefit of the students.
- Most of the students get chance in master degree.
- Election duty coverage.
- Short film making.
- Encourage & guide them for UGC NET/SET.