- About Department
- Departmental Composition
- Program & Courses
- Departmental Activities
- Student Support & Student Activities
- Student Connect
Since its creation in 10th September, 2001, the Department of Psychology has grown significantly over the years. This Department started its journey with Honours in Psychology subject and marched ahead for pretty long time as Honours subject only. The Department offers the Honours students with the following generic courses as their combination which includes:
For B.A. Degree: Generic elective: Sociology, History, Political Science and Philosophy.
For B.Sc. Degree: Generic Elective: Zoology, Botany, Molecular Biology and Physiology.
The students primarily come from the suburban areas (both North & South 24 Parganas) as well as from parts of Central & North Kolkata & also from different districts of West Bengal. The Department has produced innumerable students both Honours and students those who could not qualified as Honours from the course , the department took active initiative to help them to qualify as General degree as per the old syllabus of the system.
The number of sanctioned post of the department is nil till date & currently there are four Govt. Approved State Aided College Teachers who have six to thirteen years of teaching experience in college.
And the two supporting staffs’ constant effort ensures the smooth running of various departmental activities.
The department has one teachers’ room, three classrooms for smooth running of the classes in several semesters simultaneously; one exclusive laboratory and another lab cum classroom with certain sets of instruments which students can use for their practical purpose.
Our students access the books from the general library of the college from where they can get subject relevant books. Over the past years, the department has gradually acquired the various instruments required for practical work and the different books on Psychology.
Academic & personal counseling of students is carried out from time-to-time depending on the needs & problems of the individual student. Under the umbrella of mentoring process, the teachers make an effort to identify any manifestations of underlying psychological problems including absenteeism, fear of approaching teachers, lack of interactions with classmates, improper behavior in classes & so on. Thereafter, an effort is made to interact with the student on a one-to-one basis & to try & help him/her cope with his/ her problems in a healthy way. Through such efforts the teachers of the department try to meet the challenges & take care for students’ wellbeing also.
Many students of the Department have established themselves in various sectors and the Department tried to keep touch with the students as Alumni through Facebook page and Whatsapp group. The students scoring highest marks in Honours paper in the Part III /Semester VI final examination were recognized and awarded by the Institution for their achievement and success.
Psychology is a very diverse field, one that is expected to see tremendous growth. … As a result, students have the option to choose from a varied range of specializations, including Clinical Psychology, Industrial Psychology and Organization Behavior, Positive Psychology ,Community Psychology , School Psychology, Forensic Psychology, Sports Psychology, Therapist , Rehabilitation, Cognitive Neuroscience and many more. Therefore, we nurture our students to promote human development, learning, health, and well-being through quality education, by encouraging the overall and dynamic personality development of students so that they can excel in the right path in long run.
OUR VISION & MISSION:
We, the teachers in Psychology help pupil not only to learn the subject & complete the syllabus in time, but also we help them with physical, emotional & mental health issues to improve their sense of well-being, alleviate feelings of distress & resolve crises. It makes them competent for future success, equips them with all the latest career trends, improves personal development, shapes the child for decision taking and making the process by developing their interpersonal skills, gives relief from depression, anxiety or other mental health conditions, increase confidence and decision-making skills.
Students’ Intake Capacity:
Academic Session June 2021-May 2022:
- Notice for Guardians’ meet (with guardians of Sem- II students); dated 7.9.21.
- Notice for Guardians’ meet (with guardians of Sem- IV students); dated 6.9.21.
- Notice for the commencement of classes in online mode for Semester-I, III & V students; dated 4.9.21.
- Notice for arranging documents on the basis of IQAC advice for upcoming NAAC visit; dated 30.08.21
- Notice for filling up AQAR 20-21 data; dated 24.07.21
- Notice for Sem-II, Sem-III & Sem-VI Students regarding CU (H) CBCS Examination-2021; dated 24.07.21
- Notice for Commencement of B.A./ B.Sc. CU (under CBCS) Sem-II, IV & VI Examination 2021; dated 20.07.21.
- Notice for Parent-Teacher meet (with parents of Sem-VI students); dated 10.07.2021.
- Notice for online Internal Assessment of Sem-II, IV & VI; dated 10. 07.2021.
- Notice for publication of departmental e-magazine; dated 22.06.2021.
Academic Session March 2020-June 2021:
- A motivational video has been created on the topic “Beating Stress like a pro during COVID19” dated: June 6, 2020; You tube video link: Click Here
- Student Webinar: The National Level Webinar entitled “Bio-Psycho-Spiritual Disciplining: The Key to Well-being in the New-Normal” was held on June 17th, 2020. Flyer link: Click Here You Tube video Link: Click Here
- Webinar for Students: A students’ webinar was held in zoom platform on 29th June 2020 from 3pm to 4pm on the topic of “Be an Unconditional Listener”. Flyer Link: Click Here
- The department has created an You Tube channel in the month of June 2021; where the videos about students’ power point presentations in classes, departmental seminars are there. Channel name is: SNC Psychology Department; The channel link is here: Click Here
- A parent-teacher meet was held virtually via Google meet for 6th semester students on 13th July 2021 at 6pm. And a google form was generated to collect parents’ feedback. Link: Click Here
- The worksheet link of the responses collected from parents’ feedback is also here: Click Here
Few screenshots were taken to make the moment precious.
Publication of Departmental e-magazine:
The Departmental e-magazine- “Moner Canvas” has been published on 24th July 2021 on social media. In this magazine, the views of teachers & students have been presented in a very holistic manner in terms of certain remarkable creative endeavors. The link: Click Here
Few screenshots were taken from what’s app groups to collect the review report of The Departmental e-magazine- “Moner Canvas” as it was proved to be a successful one.
CBCS (H) Semester-II, IV & VI Exam- 2021 have been conducted successfully & answer scripts were collected through Google forms. The links: Click Here