Surendranath College Library was started along with the establishment of the Surendranath College in pre-independence period in order to cater to the academic and research needs of the Faculty, Research Scholars, Students and Non-teaching Staff.
It is one of the old among college libraries. The college is proud of its Library. The total carpet area is 3283 Sq ft. Apart from Central Library the college has 17 Departmental Libraries under the faculty of Arts, Science, Commerce and Bio Science.
Know your Library
- Duration: Normal College hours on all working days except Sundays & holidays.
- Criteria for membership of Students: All regular students of this College are eligible for the membership.
- How to be a member: By producing acknowledgement card along with money receipt regular students can prepare the Library Card from Library.
- Duration of membership: For an academic session only. Students must renew/ acquire their library cards for the next academic session, as they have to surrender their cards & borrowed books at the time of form fill up prior to University Exam (Library Clearance mandatory before final semester).
- Collection: Almost 25,000 books are in the central Library and departmental Libraries. Apart from this almost 9,750 old books are also there in the central Library.