Surendranath College Library was started along with the establishment of the Surendranath College in pre-independence period in order to cater to the academic and research needs of the Faculty, Research Scholars, Students and Non teaching Staff. It is one of the old among college libraries. The college is proud of its Library. The total carpet area is 3283 Sq ft. plus 533 sq. ft. for e-zone. Apart from Central Library the college has 21 Departmental Libraries under the faculty of Arts, Science, Commerce and Bio Science.
Current Facilities :
- Internet facility
- Reference Service
- Clipping Service for the new arrivals.
- Reading facility of News Papers (One English, One Bengali, One Hindi) and Employment News (Bengali & English)
- The College is a subscriber of NLIST; an e-resource Consortium where from the users can download scholarly articles required by them directly from the publisher’s website. The NLIST project provides access to more than 6,000 e-journals, 95,000 e-books and one database. It is an initiative of Union Human Resource and Development Ministry, Govt. of India.
- The library has been digitalized and Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) has been implemented.
- An e- Zone has been created in the library to provide internet facility for students and faculty members for accessing e-resources
- A students‘ reading zone has been created.
- Safe drinking water is available.