The primary aim of IQAC as stated by NAAC
- To develop a system for consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- Significant and meaningful contribution in the post-accreditation phase of institution.
- To channelize the efforts and take measures to guide the institution towards academic excellence.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
For realizing these aims the IQAC has adopted the following strategies:
- The Cell monitors teaching, research and various l activities of each department. Feedback regarding teaching, infrastructural facilities, curriculum and other amenities of the College are collected online from the students by this Cell.
- The Cell visits each department every year to verify the annual progress of the department with regard to record documentation, academic and research activities.
- The students’ feedback for each department is evaluated. Good points are appreciated and remedial measures for the weak points are suggested to the departments by the IQAC team.
- The departments ensure the implementation of the remedial measures and report the IQAC team about their improvement.
- The Cell is responsible for regular submission of Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to NAAC.
- As outlined by the external regulatory bodies like the West Bengal Higher Education Directorate, the University of Calcutta and the UGC, the College introduces and implements required quality assurance measures. Value based education is provided to the students with the help of course like skill development and value education courses.