Student Counseling & Aid Fund
The Students’ Aid Fund Sub-committee is in overall charge of looking after the granting of aid to the economically weak and deserving students. The process of notifying the students desirous of getting aid, about the required criteria and the procedure for receiving such aid, is done by the committee.
Students from families having an annual income of less than Rs. 60000/-per annum are asked to apply to the college for aid. They have to produce a family annual income certificate from the Councillor of their area of residence which is considered for granting aid from the college. The policy is to waive off tuition fees for a maximum of five months for CBCS students and a maximum of 10 months for students under the old (1+1+1) system. SC, ST, OBC. Minority or students enjoying any other grant are not considered for this freeship. After sorting the applications on the basis of family annual income, the Principal along with the Committee members meet the parents of the deserving, eligible students, on a notified day, before sanctioning the college tuition fee waiver.
Apart from the above, the Aid-Fund Committee oversees the getting of grants by deserving students from other donors. Students are directed to apply to the college for getting Governmental or other institutional grants according to the criteria fixed by the donors, as detailed below:
SC, ST, OBC-A, OBC-B grants: Applicants should be regular students and hold a caste certificate from the government. Honours students get Rs. 7500/- per year and general students get Rs. 5500/- per year.
Chief Minister Relief Fund: Applicants should have scored 60% marks in the HS Examination and the scholarship can be renewed only if the candidate continues to score 60% marks at the next examination. Under this scheme, each student gets Rs. 10000/- per annum.
Urdu Academy Scholarship: Applicants should have Urdu as a subject at the higher secondary and UG levels. The amount of scholarship is Rs. 10000/- per annum.
Waqf Board Scholarship: Applicants should be regular students and have a family member on the Waqf Board. The scholarship amount is Rs. 4000/- per annum.
Aikyashree Scholarship: It is only for the students of the minority community and there are three types of grants:
T.S.P.: Students who have scored below 50% marks at the HS level and whose family income is below Rs. 2 lakh per annum are eligible for this grant of Rs. 5500/- per annum. The same criteria apply for renewal.
Post-matric: Students who have 50% marks at the HS level and whose family income does not exceed Rs. 2.5 lakh can apply for this grant of Rs. 7500/- per annum; the same criteria are applied for renewal.
S.V.M.C.M.: The requirement is 60% marks at the HS level for UG Grant of Rs. 12000/- per annum. PG students can also get this scholarship if they have 60% marks at the previous exam. Same criteria are applied for renewal.
Kanyashree: According to date of birth, an applicant below 18 years will get K1 scholarship for Rs. 7500/- per annum while those who are 18 or more will get K2 scholarship for 25,000/- as a one-time grant.
Swami Vivekananda Merit cum Means (for non-minority students): Applicants should have secured 60% marks at the H.S. level to be eligible for this grant which is Rs. 12,000/- per annum for the B.A. and B.Com courses of study and Rs. 30,000/- per annum for B.Sc students.
M.Sc students can also get grants in the K3 category amounting to Rs. 30,000/- per annum.
Inspire: It is another Scholarship of Rs. 50,000/- per annum
Every year, a large number of students are helped by the Aid Fund Committee to benefit from the various types of scholarships as mentioned above
The aim of the committee is to help the financially weak but meritorious students, as much as possible, to complete their undergraduate studies. While the government and other organizations have schemes for the benefit of students, the college on its part follows the policy of waiving off a part of the tuition fees for those financially weak students who do not get any aid from any other organization.
Joint Convenors – Prabir Kumar Bhadhuri, Gautam Sinha
Members– Nitai Gayen, Swapan Majhi, Subhadra Roy, Aparajita Kundu, Baishali Pandit, Lalita Das, Raju Mondal, Saswati Sanyal, Amit Nag, Abhijit Chakraborty.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship
1. Eligibility criteria Higher secondary level 75%), (Diploma Students 75%), (Undergraduates 75%), (Postgraduates 53%-55%), 2. Other than this students are also provided with books written by renowned authors of Bengal 3. The upper ceiling of family income under this scheme is fixed at Rs 2,50,000/- per annum 3. The applicant must be a resident of West Bengal 4. Those students who are studying in post-graduation, under graduation, and class 9th to 12th can take the benefit from this scheme. 5. All cast students are eligible. 6. Vivekananda Scholarship-22 may vary from INR 1,000 per month to INR 5,000 per month, depending upon the course or level of study applicants are currently pursuing.
For Undergraduate students the amount of scholarship:
A. in Arts – INR 1,000 per month B. in Commerce – INR 1,000 per month C. in Science – INR 1,500 per month. D. in other professional courses (UGC approved) – INR 1,500 per month. For Postgraduate students in Arts – INR 2,000 per month. in Commerce – INR 2,000 per month in Science – INR 2,500 per month in other professional courses (UGC approved) – INR 2,500 per month
1. Post-matric Scholarship SC/ST/OBC Students: This scholarship is for the students who belong to SC/ST/OBC and are currently studying UG or PG level courses (class 11 or 12 class, ITI, Polytechnic, Medical, Engineering, Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree, M.Phil, P.hD, LLB, B.Pharm, B. Sc Nursing, Hotel Management). The selected scholars under this scholarship can get a total amount of INR 2,300 to INR 12,000 per annum.
2. The applicant must be a domicile of the West Bengal State. 3. The applicant must belong to SC/ST/OBC category. 4. Candidates who are currently studying any one of these courses (class 11 or 12 class, ITI, Polytechnic, Medical, Engineering, Undergraduate Degree, Post-graduate Degree, M.Phil, P.hD, LLB, B.Pharm, B. Sc Nursing, Hotel Management) are eligible for this scholarship. 5. Besides The annual family income of the candidate should not exceed INR 2,00,000 for SC/ST students and INR 1,00,000 for OBC candidates.
Kanyashree Scholarship K1 (for girl students only)
1. The student applying for this scholarship must be a domicile of West Bengal 2. She should be unmarried 3. Students’ family income should be less than or equal to Rs. 1,20,000 per year 4. The student should be between 13 and 17 years of age 5. The female student must not turn 18 as this would make her ineligible for a yearly scholarship benefit, and she would only be able to get a one-time benefit 6. The female student must be enrolled between class 8 to 12th standard in Government recognised regular or equivalent school or equivalent vocational or any other technical training courses. 7. The family income limit will be varied under the following situations: •If the student is already a recipient of the scholarship and will be applying for a renewal of the benefit •If the student’s parents (both father & mother) are deceased •If the student is physically handicapped.
Kanyashree Scholarship K2 (one time, (for girl students only)
1. The student applying for this scholarship must be a domicile of West Bengal 2. She should be unmarried upon attaining the age of 18 3. Students’ family income should be less than or equal to Rs. 1,20,000 per year 4. The applicant female student should be enrolled and regularly attending an Institution of Higher Education or Training 5. The female applicant’s family income criteria can be varied only under the following cases: ● If the student’s parents (both father & mother) are deceased ● If the student is physically handicapped.
Kanyashree Scholarship K3
1. All the girl students pursuing a regular course of Post-graduation in Science/Arts/Commerce may apply K3 without K2 ID scoring at least 45% marks in graduation 2. Girls students, who are already registered for the K2 scheme, are only eligible for this scheme 3. Open/Distance University students aren’t eligible for it 4. Under this scheme, Science stream students will receive Rs. 2500/- per month and Arts stream students will receive Rs. 2000/- per month. 5. There is no maximum age limit to apply for this Kanyashree K3 Prakalpa