Examination Sub Committee (Offline)
The Examination Sub-committee is in charge of conducting various examinations of the University of Calcutta. It also oversees the conducting of various Internal/ Test examinations of the college.
The names of the committee members are proposed by the Teachers’ Council and ratified by the Governing Body of the college.
For the smooth conduct of examinations, the Exam sub-committee after being notified by the University of Calcutta, about the allotted exams as well as the examinee details, conducts meetings to determine the procedural details.
The committee oversees the allotment of the requisite number of rooms and prepares the list of invigilators in consultation with the teaching staff, with three to four invigilators being assigned to each room.
- On the examination days, the room allotment for examinees according to roll numbers are prominently displayed at the main entrance of the college as well as on every floor of the building.
- Question papers are received from the University by the allotted staff and kept in tight security, till they are handed over to the members of the Examination committee.
- The Examination committee members sign the question paper packet before opening it and verifies the contents before distributing the questions to the invigilators.
- Invigilators are also provided with guidelines for observation in the examination rooms, including distribution of blank answer scripts and questions as well as collection of answer papers after the completion of the examination.
- Exams are conducted in the Morning and Afternoon sessions, as scheduled by the University.
- The answer scripts are properly arranged, packed and sent to the University, on the very day of the examination.
- The above procedure was followed till the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic when the University resorted to the online system of examination in 2020.
- Apart from conducting the various examinations of the University of Calcutta in accordance with its schedule and procedure, as mentioned above, the Examination sub-committee also conducted the Test examinations and Mid-term examinations (1+1+1 system as well as CBCS ) of the college, till 2019, before the outbreak of the pandemic.
- It was the decision of the Examination Sub-committee to allow the various departments to conduct their Test Examination in the Honours papers, while the examination for Pass/ General papers, involving a large number of candidates were conducted by the Examination Subcommittee according to its own schedule and guidelines.
- Preparation of duty charts and guidelines, for both teaching and non-teaching staff, distribution of answer scripts to the various departments for evaluation, are all within the purview of the committee.
The objective of holding the Internal/Test examinations is to acquaint our college students with the examination procedure of the University, help them to assess their own preparations so that they get well prepared for the final examinations of the university. Secondly, the smooth conduct of the university exams will ultimately help the C.U.’s timely publication of results for the optimum benefit of the students.
Jt. Convenors: — Goutam Sinha — Achintya Biswas
Members: — Kausik Lahiri — Nitai Gayen — Sanjib Sarkar — Khokan Naskar — Samir Majumder
Officer-in-Charge of C.U.Exams: Prof. Bibhas Mondal
EXAMINATION SUBCOMMITTEE (Online) under Academic Subcommittee Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Examination Sub-committee had conducted the examinations of the Calcutta University during March 2017-February 2020 as shown below:
• B.Com. Part I Compulsory Language Exam.,2017 held in March 2017 • B.A./B.Sc. Part I Compulsory Language Exam.,2017 held in March 2017 • B.Com. Part II (Hons. & Gen.) Exam., 2017 held in May 2017 • B.A./B.Sc. Part II (Hons. & Gen.) Exam.,2017 held during May-July, 2017 • B.Com. Part I Compulsory Language Exam.,2018 held in January 2018 • B.Com. Semester I Exam., 2017 held in January 2018 • B.A./B.Sc. Part II Supplementary Exam., 2017 held in February 2018 • B.A./B.Sc./B.Com. Part I Supplementary Exam.,2017 held in March 2018 • B.A./B.Sc./B.Com. Part III (Hons. & Gen.) Exam. Held in April 2018 • B.Com. Part I Exam. 2018 held in July 2018 • B.A./B.Sc. Part I (Hons. & Gen.) Exam. 2018 held in July-August 2018 • B.A./B.Sc. Sem. I&III (Hons. & Gen.) Internal Exam.2018 held in November 2018 • B.A./B.Sc. Sem. I (Hons. & Gen.) Exam. 2018 held in December 2018 • B.Com. Sem. III (Hons. & Gen.) Exam. 2018 held in January 2019 • B.Com. Part II (Hons. & Gen.) Exam. 2019 held in July-August 2019 • B.A./B.Sc. Sem. III Internal Exam. 2019 held in November 2019 • B.A./B.SC. Sem I Internal Exam. 2019 held in November 2019 • B.Com. Sem. I, III & V Internal Exams 2019 held in December 2019 • B.A./B.Sc. Part II (Hons. & Gen.) Supplementary Exam. 2019 held in February 2020
Test Examinations of the college in General Papers were also conducted by the Examination Sub-committee as shown below:
• B.A./B.Sc./B.Com. 3rd year (Gen.) Test Examinations were held in January 2017 • B.A./B.Sc./B.Com. 2nd year Test Examinations were held in February 2017 • B.A./B.Sc./B.Com. 1st year Test Examinations were held in February 2017
N.B.— Owing to the outbreak of the Covid-19 Pandemic and the consequent lockdown since mid-March 2020 , all the University and college Examinations were held in the online mode by a separate committee.