Dr. Indranil Kar
Dear Students, Staff, Parents, Alumni/ae, Benefactors and Well Wishers,
Welcome to Surendranath College. This is not just a college but a way of life. Surendranath College has travelled a long way since 1884 to the present day, crossing several hurdles and gaining strength and maturity in the process. Much is done but much more is proposed to be done as the college marches ahead. Commitment to serve all the students by providing quality education to all, irrespective of caste, creed, religion, and economic status is one of the basic tenets on which our college stands.
With a long and rewarding history of achievement, our college community continues to move forward together with confidence, pride, and enthusiasm. This institution was created with the objective of providing a 360-degree quality education which enables students not only to thrive in academics but also motivates them towards character building, leadership, extra and co-curricular activities. A very strong, dedicated, and capable team of educators has always been the driving force in the growth of the College. Our teachers also are not simply embodiments of academic brilliance, but of love, compassion, and kindness. Read More
- Keeping with the legacy of our founder Sir Surendranath Banerjea, a noted social reformer and educationist, the College is committed to imparting, sustaining and fostering all-round holistic and quality education to the students coming from every stratum of the society so that they gather knowledge as well as employable expertise and grow up as responsible global citizens of tomorrow.
- The institution envisages evolving, improving, upgrading and remaining committed to its laurels of heritage in conformity with the immortal words of the Upanishada, namely “Damyata”or Restrain, “Datta” or Charity and “Dayaddhayam”or non-violence which have been enshrined in the College emblem, and also with modern outlook to make the college a centre of excellence for higher education and research.
- The mission of the college is to inculcate love of knowledge and provide holistic education to the student coming from every stratum of the society, so that they emerge as true human beings who can make significant contribution as a responsible citizen of tomorrow.
- In order to achieve this the college coordinates the activities of the teachers, students and other staff members to ensure smooth functioning and all round development of academic as well as other curricular activities.
- To become a centre of excellence in higher education.
- To excel in all areas of teaching learning, research and consultancy.
- To be a bridge between the rural-urban divide, taking the benefits of value-based quality education to the poor and marginalized, aiming at their empowerment.
- To promote and practice inclusive growth.
- To provide equal opportunities to the deserving and meritorious students irrespective of Caste and Creed and gender. To promote cultural and communal harmony.
- To make our institution a significant knowledge contributor in transforming our nation from a developing to a developed one by acting as responsible and concerned citizens and to make this world a better place